How it works
By using Sprend you can easily transfer files which are too large to send by email. This is how it works:
- The sender uploads a file of any size to the service providers server.
- When the upload has finished an email message is sent to the file recipient.
- The recipient opens the email and clicks on the link.
- The link takes the recipient to the page where the download is started with one click.
- When the download has finished the file is then deleted from the server.
By letting the file take the detour via our server both the sender and recipient are spared the trouble of jammed email boxes and limitations concerning attached files. The fact is that the detour becomes a short cut!
- In the current version the file size is limited to 2 GB (20 GB for Sprend Pro users).
- The file is automatically deleted after 7 days (up to 21 days for Sprend Pro users) if it has not been downloaded by this time.
- When the file is downloaded the first time it will be re-scheduled for deletion 2 hours after first download.
File transferring with Sprend requires the same caution observed when you attach files to email.
- Just like in the case of email, the file is not encrypted. To ensure noone can access your file encrypt it before uploading.
- Use virus protection before opening downloaded files.